Best Ever Fettuccini Alfredo
One of my favourite pasta dishes, this is by far the best ever fettuccini alfredo recipe! It’s perfect for either lunch or dinner (or both!) and is made with excellent vegan substitutes.
- One large pot
- One frying pan
- Blender/Food processor
- Frozen yellow corn (thawed): 1 and 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat or rice fettuccini: 1 Lbs
- Garlic salt: 1/2 Tsp
- Vegan butter: 1 Tbsp
- Onion powder: 2 Tsp
- Can coconut milk (14.5 oz): 1
- Onion: 1 (sliced)
- Nutritional yeast flakes: 1/4 of a cup
- Vegan cream cheese: 4 oz
- Nutmeg (optional): 1/2 Tsp
- Cook fettuccini, stiring occasionally. Cover with wet cloth when done to prevent drying.
- Blend corn until well mixed, then add onion powder, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and garlic salt. Blend again.
- Sauté onions with margarine
- Add in the cream cheese on low-med heat
- Add the corn mixture and bring to a boil
- Toss the sauce with the fettuccini and serve!
Try adding some steamed broccoli (or your favourite veggie) and seitan (mock) chicken for an all around meal!