Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
This recipe is fast and easy and definitely hits the spot when you’re craving that yummy chocolate taste. Whole ingredients like unsweetened cocoa powder and granulated sugar make for a healthier treat!
- Large baking sheet
- Mixing bowls: One medium and one large
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Unbleached white flour: 1 cup
- Granulated sugar: 1 cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 Tsp
- Baking soda: 1/2 Tsp
- Unsweetened cocoa powder: 3/4 of a cup
- Margarine (non-hydrogenated): 1/2 cup
- Egg replacer: 1 Tbsp
- Salt: 1/8 of a Tsp
- Chopped nuts: 1 cup
- Chocolate chips: 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) and lightly grease the baking sheet
- Mix sugar, vanilla, and margarine in large bowl
- Mix salt, baking soda, flour, egg replacer, and cocoa powder in medium bowl
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients while slowly mixing. Mix well and add nuts and chocolate chips.
- Place spoon sized balls of the mixture onto the baking sheet
- Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes and allow to cool before removing from baking sheet
Note: Makes approximately 18 cookies, depending on size
Add these cookies to your next dessert or treat plate, or even pack them in the kid’s lunch as a healthy treat!