Egg Salad, Without the Egg!
Perfect for those hot sunny days at a BBQ or picnic, this vegan eggless “egg” salad appeals to even non-vegans!
- Medium-large bowl
- Celery (chopped): 2 stalks
- Dried dill: 1/2 Tsp
- Stone ground mustard: 3 Tbsp
- Onion (chopped): 3 Tbsp
- Fresh parsley (chopped): 2 Tbsp
- Dill relish: 3 Tbsp
- Medium grade tofu (pressed and drained): 1 package, 14 oz
- Agave nectar: 1 Tsp
- Vegan mayonnaise: 3/4 of a 16 oz jar
- Lemon juice: 2 Tbsp+1 Tsp
- Salt and pepper: To taste
- Mash tofu well in the bowl
- Mix in dried dill, parsley, onion, and celery
- Mix in dill relish, agave, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mustard
- Mix in mayonnaise
This egg salad can also be used for “egg” salad sandwiches or as a topping to a vegan hamburger! Get creative, this recipe is extremely versatile!