Oh-So-Easy Eggplant Pomodoro
Oh-So-Easy Eggplant Pomodoro really is that easy and it tastes great too! It’s a fabulous way to give some extra flavour to the eggplant.
- Cookie sheet
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Italian style breadcrumbs: 1 cup
- Dijon or regular mustard: 1/4 of a cup
- Roma tomatoes (diced): 3
- Eggplant (sliced in to 1/2″ rounds): 1
- Garlic (crushed): 2 cloves
- Vegan mayonnaise: 1 cup
- Extra virgin olive oil: 1 Tsp
- Fresh basil leaves (chopped): 10-15
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Place a layer of tinfoil on the cookie sheet.
- Mix the mustard and mayonnaise in a bowl, stirring well
- Cover each side of the eggplant rounds with the mustard mixture, and then with the breadcrumbs
- Place the eggplant rounds on the cookie sheet, baking for approx 45 minutes
- While waiting for eggplant to cook, place garlic, basil, diced tomatoes, and olive oil in frying pan and saute. Set aside
- Serve eggplant with plenty of the tomato mixture
Eggplant Pomodoro is a great way to get creative with your veggies for dinner!