Quinoa, White Bean And Kale Stew
The vegan White Bean And Kale Stew is the prefect winter dish. It freezes well, it’s warm, it’s hearty, and it makes a great balanced vegan meal that you can cook in advance and eat when you need it.
- Olive oil: one teaspoon
- Thinly sliced leeks: two cups
- Garlic: four cloves, minced
- Carrots: one large carrot, diced medium
- Parsnip, peeled and diced medium: one
- Vegetable broth: eight cups
- Yukon gold potatoes, diced medium: one and a half pounds
- Dry quinoa: one cup
- Drained and rinsed white beans: one fifteen ounce can
- Kale bunch: one (remove the rough stems and have it torn into bit sized pieces)
- Fennel seed: half a teaspoon
- Dried marjoram: one teaspoon
- Dried thyme: one teaspoon
- Dried rosemary: half a teaspoon
- Fresh black pepper: taste
- At a medium heat, have a four quart soup pot preheated. Sautee the leeks and garlic in the oil adding the salt, for three minutes. Add the parsnip and the carrot along with the herb blend and turn the heat up higher and sauté for 5 seconds.
- Add the quinoa, the potatoes and the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and cook for fifteen minutes until the potatoes and the quinoa become tender. Add the beans and the kale, stirring frequently. Cover & simmer on low temperature for five minutes and then check for salt. Enjoy!
This heart stew goes great with a crusty piece of bread and some cold winter weather!