Super Fantastic Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
Super Fantastic Black Bean and Quinoa Salad is a wonderfully creative and healthy salad for everyone to enjoy. Nut free, gluten free, and sugar free, there’s no doubt it’s “dressed” to impress!
- Large mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Cumin: 1 tsp
- Fresh cilantro, chopped: 1/4 of a cup
- Red pepper flakes: 1/2 tsp
- Cherry tomatoes, halved: 1 and 1/2 cups
- Olive oil: 1/4 of a cup
- Black beans, rinsed: 1 can (15 oz)
- Green onions, chopped: 5 stalks
- Quinoa; 1 cup
- Limes, juiced: 2
- Water: 2 cups
- Salt and pepper: to taste
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in saucepan, then reduce heat and allow to simmer (covered) for approx 10-15 minutes (or until water absorbed)
- Whisk lemon juice, cumin, olive oil, and red pepper flakes in small mixing bowl
- Mix the now cooled quinoa with the green onions, beans, and tomatoes together in large mixing bowl
- Pour the dressing over top and stir in the cilantro, sprinkle on the salt and pepper, and serve!
This easy-to-make salad is full of protein and is refreshingly delicious. It can be enjoyed on its own as a lunch or snack, or served as part of a larger meal.