Vegan Friendly Fried “Chicken”
Who would have ever though that vegans could enjoy the delights of Fried Chicken! Vegan Friendly Fried “Chicken” is a creative and delicious way to bring that delight to vegans everywhere!
- Mixing bowl
- Large frying pan
- Vegan pancake mix: 1/2 of a cup
- Vegan “chicken” bouillon powder: 1 tbsp
- Hot water: 1/2 of a cup
- Textured soy protein: 1/2 of a cup
- Crushed cornflakes: 2/3 of a cup
- Salt and pepper: As desired
- Oil: Enough for frying
- Stir the hot water and bouillon together in a bowl, and soak the soy in it for about 10 minutes
- Stir in enough of the pancake mix until a batter forms that can be made into patties. Stir in the desired amount of salt and pepper
- Place the crushed cornflakes on a plate, then coat the patties in them
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and allow the patties to fry until they become crispy on both sides
Try finding a gluten-free, vegan pancake mix to make this recipe a gluten-free one!