Every vegan knows how hard it is to find a great tasting, Vegan mayonnaise. But… here it is! Vegan Mayo is simpler to make than you might guess, and it’s a perfect replacement for the real thing!
- Hand blender
- Mixing bowl
- Canola oil: 2/3 cup + 4 tbsp if needed
- Soy milk: 1/3 cup
- Dijon or yellow mustard: 1 tbsp
- Apple cider vinegar: 3/4 tsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Pour the soy milk (cold) and the vinegar into the mixing bowl and allow to sit and curdle for a minute
- Blend the soy mixture well using the hand blender, then add in the mustard. Continue to blend, then add in the salt
- Next add in 3 tsp of the oil, one tsp at a time while continuing to blend, then the remainder of the oil
- Make sure to continuously move the hand blender around. If the finished mayo is too liquidy, add in the extra 4 tbsp of of oil one tbsp at a time
This delightful condiment will keep for one week if refrigerated!