Vegan Stuffed Tomatoes
Vegan Stuffed Tomatoes are very easy to make and look and taste great! They’re a great way to get creative with your meals!
- Fresh spinach, chopped: 4 cups
- Pine nuts: 1 tbsp
- Plain couscous: 1 box
- Tomatoes: 8 large
- Shredded vegan mozarella cheese: 1/2 a package
- Veggie broth: 2 tbsp
- Olive oil: 4 tbsp (divided)
- Allow the oven to preheat to 400 degrees Farenheit. Cook the couscous according to the instructions on the package
- Add 2 tbsps of the olive oil to the saucepan and allow it to heat up. Add in the veggie broth, pine nuts, spinach, and cooked couscous
- Allow the mixture to cook until the spinach becomes wilted and then set it aside. Cut off the tops of the tomatoes and take out the insides, then use the left over olive oil to rub the them inside and out
- Bake the tomatoes for 20 minutes
- Once the tomatoes have baked, stuff the mixture into them and then allow them to bake for another 10 minutes. Then sprinkle the cheese on top and bake for a final 5 minutes
These also work great as part of an appetizer platter!